A new edition (2020) of the Bees for Development Training Module which is intended for use by beekeeper trainers in tropical Africa. After the end of the Module course participants will:
• Appreciate the benefits of keeping honey bees
• Have an understanding about the needs of a honey bee colony
• Know about the different honey bees in a colony and their roles
• Be able to identify honey bee forage in the local area
• Be aware of the different forms of beekeeping practised in Africa.
You are welcome to translate and/or reproduce parts of this booklet provided the purpose is education of beekeepers and not for commercial gain. Permission for reproduction is given on the understanding that Bees for Development is acknowledged and our contact details are provided in full. Please tell us how and where the material is used.